Friday, December 2, 2011

World's Over Journal XVIII Priscilla & Toki

Priscilla was the only child with us, a family member of one of the soldiers whom travelled along with us inside Bahamut on our voyage into slumber. She turned to the troll and spoke aloud, ‘Toki, it’s okay this is Jane! I remember her; she was the one tucked me in each night, inside the belly of the iron beast,’ Priscilla’s face bore an ever widening smile as she spoke.

The troll, whose name apparently was Toki, lowered her arm allowing Priscilla to pass, as she did the young girl flew into my arms. Without noticing I had dropped to my knees and tears had begun streaming down my face as Priscilla wrapped her arms around me, I could feel the beautiful warmth of happy tears flowing freely down my neck.

Opening my eyes I saw that the troll named Toki’s face bore a smile, it was not hideous, despite a mouth full of fangs most of which were hidden behind her lips. There were no rough hard lines about her thin and beautiful white face, which beamed with life at the sight of her surrogate daughter’s happiness.

In earnest anticipation of,
Jane
Without Charles

No comments: