Monday, November 28, 2011

World's Over Journal XVII Green Glowing Face

After a few whispered words the troll lowered her right arm and out stepped a small green faced little girl half hidden under a cloak, much like the trolls. At first I believed that standing before me was a troll and her child, but this thought quickly faded as I realized that it was the light of the green rising sun which made the child’s face appear green, for both the troll and the child at her side had green faces.

The troll turned to face me and sat relaxed upon the hind hinges of its ankles. Both she and I were waiting for the child to respond to seeing me. The young girl raised her hands and removed the hood of her cloak from covering much of her face. At first I did not recognize the child but she at once knew me, even before her hands reached her side, she burst out.

‘Jane,’ the girl chirped in surprise, with that she began to run towards me but the troll put her arm out between and held her back. Then it hit me, the creaking I heard earlier was the tank rear hatch opening, that before me stood Priscilla fully awake.

In earnest anticipation of,
Jane
Without Charles

No comments: