Thursday, November 24, 2011

World's Over Journal XVI Behind the Vale of Shadow

The scream pierced deep into my mind, the echo resonating throughout the forest; I was paralyzed with fear. A shudder sped down my spine riveting my entire body from head to foot, as it reached the ends of my toes I was released from the menace of fear, though I knew not how long it held me a captive statue. Slowly I turned to face the terror behind me.

The vale of shadow must have held me longer than I thought, fear has a unique way of slowing down time when it comes over you. As I turned there before me stood the troll, naught but six feet in front of me, her right arm holding something at bay the left held firmly the spear. The hood which covered the troll’s white face fell back in a gust of light wind, I could see her yellow cat like eyes glaring at me above an open mouth full of fangs which bore a wicked grin of malice.

Then, all at once, the atmosphere of fright was pierced by voice, a soft voice both sweet and precious, unlike any I could remember. I could not make out the words, but the troll suddenly stopped paying me any attention, and stooped down sitting upon her triple hinged cat like legs. Whomever the voice belonged to, was whispering into the troll’s ear. Though I could not make out what was spoken, I could visibly see the troll relax its guard.
The tension of the dark and all the fear passed away as the small being stepped out from behind the troll. . .

In earnest anticipation of,
Jane
Without Charles

No comments: