Wednesday, October 5, 2011

World's Over Journal VII Freya

It didn’t take long before we had our first encounter with a living creature in our new world. Not but a week in the tree house did I come across a dear little one. Before I go one, you must throw out all notions of the creatures you know from the world around you. In fact, imagine not even your own world anymore, whoever mother earth was, she is something much more magnificent, wondrous and beautiful now. The world around me moves the soul inside of me to keep living, for its beauty and discoveries yet to be, for Charles and the others still sleeping inside of Bahamut.

I had seen it out of the corner of my left eye over my shoulder. A small pink creature scurried across the floor between the island and the kitchen counters. It was a mouse, I could have sworn it! But how could such a thing be a mouse, for the moment it knew I had seen it, it stopped and turned its head over its shoulder to see acknowledge me. Large bright eyes glared up at me, one blue the other green, from a white face under the brim of an overly large red wizard’s hat. I knew then that it was not a pink creature, but white mouse garbed in a pink and red waist coat which hovered just above her feet when she stood still. It turned to face me, standing tall on its hind legs. In its left hand was a tiny staff of wood with a bronze head, like that of a dragon.

Ever the smile did not leave its pleasant and beaming face, not until: ‘Hullo Jane,’ it spoke softly with a voice sweet yet powerful like an angel. I knew then that it was really a she. As the little miss bid me good day she swept the hat off her head with her right hand and fluidly stooped, but a little, into a most gracious curtsy. That is how I met Freya.

In earnest anticipation of,
Jane
With Charles

No comments: