Wednesday, March 6, 2013

World's Over Journal XXIX A Tide of Mirth

        The next morning I woke refreshed for I had slept deeply after Toki's words. In fact sleep had stolen me into dreams of our farmstead, you and I walking side by side with Priscilla running before us. I rolled slightly in order to sit up, sadly I found my left shoulder wet by the dribble I had drooled during my dreams.

Slowly I got up and walked out onto the upper balcony where a small stone basin stood, it was full of water that awaited my hands and face; though today I would also be washing my left arm entirely along with the shoulder. Before I had finished washing up before breakfast, Priscilla meandered sleepily out onto the balcony beside me. For several moments she merely stood there, her gaze held by the beauty of the garden upon the terrace below or possibly she had fallen back asleep, her arms resting upon the stone brick railing.

I saw a guard from the front gate strolling along the path through the gardens towards the house and knew our day was about to start. So I took it upon myself to wake Priscilla in my own fashion.

'Hey, what's the deal,' Priscilla said angrily, though she was more astonished than upset. She was covered in water, the continents of the basin had drenched the entire right side of her body. I merely stood there with a smile on my face, though I was trying to look dumb and innocent. I shrugged and started to make my way down stairs.

'You'll pay for that,' Priscilla called after me as I made the staircase, though I did not stop, but I did wince when I heard Toki scream. Priscilla had unleashed her mirthy rage upon Toki, who had just walked out unto the balcony from her bedroom.

        'Child I can't...Mumble mumble, believe... You just...Wait till.... My hands... On you!' I heard from down stairs along with a great deal of running around.

'You're kinda slow for a warrior,' I heard Priscilla taunt, 'maybe you should take a step back and just be a gate gaurd.' With that I heard a light yelp, four great foot steps and then a splash. Toki had thrown Priscilla off the balcony out into the garden, where she landed in a pond.

Moments later she walked straight in through the front door, right into the kitchen and wrapped her arms around me from behind in a kind of child's bear hug. peering over my shoulder I saw her face beaming up at mine... Covered in mud. I smiled back and took her hand, leading her back upstairs where all three of us washed ourselves off in the large basin where clothes and baths were taken. As I was preparing the water I noticed that Priscilla had disappeared. Not long after Toki trudged into the room, rank with mud, she did not look impressed. But once the water was drawn and the three of us had grown accustom to the warmth of the bath we were all naught but smiles.

Alas, soon our day will begin and it's going to be a long one.

In earnest anticipation of,
        Jane
             Without Charles


No comments: